1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Honestly, I don't really have a favorite! As long as a yarn is soft & cushy, I'm all in. I'm not too much of a yarn snob as long as it's going to be soft to the touch when it's all said and done.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My straight needles are in a handmade needle roll, my dpns are in a vase, and my circs are currently hanging over the bar in the hall closet because they don't have a suitable home.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting about a year and a half. For the most part, I taught myself from internet videos, with my friend Sarah filling in the gaps for me. I'd consider myself a beginner-intermediate; I've branched out beyond scarves, but I'm not brave enough to tackle lace yet.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sorta. I have a few things on there, but it isn't really complete.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like gardenias and jasmine. I like the softer scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES!! I'm a sucker for and and all things sweet. I like gummy candies a lot.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like to scrapbook, although it's went by the wayside since I started knitting. I'm always up for learning new crafts. I don't spin, but I've been thinking of taking a class.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinda of music. My iPod ranges from The Pretenders to Justin Timberlake. Some of my favorites right now are John Legend & Anthony Hamilton, although once I come back from spending 3 weeks in Tennessee, I'm sure I'll be on a country kick. Moral of the story.. I really do like all kinds of music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I've been on a blue & green kick lately, but I really like almost all colors. I grew up in Tennessee, so I find wonderful uses for even the most obnoxious of oranges.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone with my cat Jasmine, but I invite The Boyfriend to come and visit when he behaves.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all but the ponchos. I live in Michigan, so it's pretty much required by law here. For some reason, I've never really gotten on to the poncho kick.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
With the exception of all the mandatory baby stuff, I've been a sock knitting machine lately. (Well, maybe that's more like a sock yarn buying machine, but you get the picture.) And, who can say no to knitting a good scarf?
13. What are you knitting right now?
Babies & Bears sweater from Cottage Creations -- for a baby yet to be born
Lil' Red Riding Hoodie from Dominknitrix- for me!
Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts - for me again!
Chevron Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks - for me yet again!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I've been on a kick lately with bamboo & metal circulars, but I'll use anything that isn't plastic. I don't mean to be a needle snob, but yarn on plastic does to me what nails on a chalkboard do to others.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. I keep trying to snag a deal on eBay but someone always outbids me at the last minute.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Over a year.. and I've only been knitting a year and a half!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I love being at home with my family & having movie marathons in our pajamas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides knitting accessories? Not really.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not really. Most of the books that I've been wanting, I have already. I don't have subscriptions to knitting magazines because of fear that my "to knit" list will increase faster than I can make things.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Definitely! I've been trying to learn something new with each project lately. I'd love to give a try at fair isle and lace knitting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I just started knitting socks and I'm addicted! My foot's a size 9, average width.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I sure am! My username is Amanda.