Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day!

This morning, I woke up to this:

Yuck. Although it doesn't look like it, we got 6-8 inches of snow. (Those cars had been moved during the day, so they are deceiving!) I decided that the best thing I could do would to be stay at home and knit. :-) Life is terrible, I know.

Did I decide to finish one of the 15 UFO's that I have? No. I decided to cast on for another project. That's much more fun!

Back on December, I had an interview in Chicago. Sarah met me afterwards and we went yarn shopping. I didn't get the job, but I did get some fabulous yarn.

It's Austermann Murano in Blue/Purple. It comes in 240m skeins, so one is all you need for a scarf.

To be perfectly honest, I've never been a huge fan of the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf, but this yarn seemed to be calling out for it with the really long self-striping sections. I like the results so far. There's really more color variation than shows up in the picture, and there's a black section that still hasn't came around too.






I'm about a foot into it and I'm liking what I see so far.

This is the last "free" weekend that I have for awhile and I plan to spend as much time as possible knitting. Wish me luck!
I hope that you all have a fabulous weekend as well!

6 comments:

Opal said...

Wow. That's a lot of snow! The scarf looks great in that yarn. I can't wait to see how it progresses!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, Amanda!

I love the looks of that scarf, what a neat pattern!

Jen said...

Oh, I like the scarf! I have been wanting to knit one of those too! :)

Mistrmi said...

Snow. . . You lucky thing, you.

Natalie Rush said...

Your scarf looks great!! Snow would be nice for a weekend here but I doubts it's going to in Florida.

Sarah said...

Oooh, that will look good. I love modular styles for long stripes.