Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another Scarf Completed!

I'm back from Tennessee and I miss everyone already. I did a lot of knitting, a lot of eating, and a lot of visiting and loved every minute of it. I finished a lot of little projects, so I'm going to post pictures of them periodically because there's just too many for a single post.

The first thing I completed was My So Called Scarf for my friend Meredith's birthday. I wanted something easy but not completely and totally mindless, so this was a great project for me. I wrapped it up and tied a ribbon around it to make it cute for mailing. It seems that while I was in Tennessee it was freezing here in Michigan so the scarf came in handy for her.


Here's my mom modeling the scarf. She's so cute. She fell in love with the pattern and made me teach her how to make it. She's about a foot and a half into her first My So Called Scarf right now.


I love the stitch pattern, and the semi-solid Malabrigo really just did wonders with the pattern, in my opinion. I liked the pattern so much that I've actually made another one since. Details to come!


Pattern: My So Called Scarf, Free
Needles: Size 11
Yarn: 2 skeins of Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Velvet Grapes

5 comments:

Amy said...

I really want to steal that scarf. I'm so in love with how the semi-solid turned out also.

Opal said...

Beautiful scarf! I love the way you wrapped it.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Excellent scarf! I have seen that one on Ravelry, and people love it - guess it's time to knit one of my own.

Can't wait to see more FO's.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I just knit a scarf with the same color! (Purl Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts) I have had my so-called-scarf en queue for sooo long, I need to complete one!

Mari said...

Very Pretty! I love the color. Love that Malabrigo!