Friday, July 14, 2006

Another Angel Hair Scarf!

So, this was the last of the Joann's Sensations Angel Hair yarn. I bought 8 skeins at a great sale and paid $3.10 each, regular price $5.99. It took basically 2 skeins for each scarf, with just a little bit left over of each. I think I'll probably buy another one of each color (if I can find a sweet sale like that again) and make matching beanies.

This scarf (in beige) is going to a girlfriend of mine for her birthday. She's dropped numerous hints that she wants a handknit. The other day, one of her sons pulled my knitting needles out of my bag and started jousting with them. After a mini freak out and visions of little kids losing eyes (I'm a little frightened of all things mommy-related these days), I showed my friend her scarf but didn't tell her what it was for. She started oohing and gooing over it and said that it would look so good on her with her white pea coat. I told her I knew that.. and I was making it to go with mine! Ha! She was all sad after that. When I finished the scarf, I held it up next to my own white coat to see -- and she was right, it does look really classy. Imagine this paired with brown boots!

The yarn has a really awesome quality.. the stitches are in a creamy color, and the fuzziness is the light brown/tan color. Of course you can't tell how beautiful the scarf really is because of the whole Treo situation. It almost looks drab and lifeless, but I promise it really isn't at all.

Total Price: $6.20 (2x2 rib pattern - free)
Time: About 5 days of knitting during my lunch hour
Having a birthday gift finished a month early: Priceless Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Actually, I can tell it's very classy. Wow. That is really awesome! I'm still working on my shawl and my afghan. I guess the fact that I work on them maybe once a week is why nothing gets done. I'm going to have to follow your example and do some projects that I can actually finish before the Second Coming. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! What a lucky friend.

I love the way scarves and peacoats go together - it's like they were made for each other - and this scarf is no exception!

Anonymous said...

Hi Love the scarves can you send me the pattern I know I have tried this pattern but can't remember how many purls and how many knits
my email is kimble73@shaw.ca thankyou

Winnie said...

Scarves are such great things to give as gifts. I think I'll do that for Xmas too. The ones you are making are so pretty. Can't beat using great yarn, huh?

Claudia said...

Now that's a beautiful scarf! And lucky you to have gotten a bargain! Way to go! *smile*

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

cp690 said...

This is a great looking scarf. I bought the yarn for a scarf for my daughter but I don't have a pattern. I just loved the colors in the greenstripes to go with a new olive green coat she has. Can you let me know what pattern you used or other suggestions? I bought 2 skeins of yarn. cp690@aol.com

Debbie said...

I absolutely love this scarf ! Do you have the pattern iposted somewhere? If not, can you send it to me via email? Debbied58@comcast.net