Friday, June 22, 2007

Big Bad Baby Blanket

I'm kinda in a finished objects drought at the moment. I've been working on my socks, and although I have one finished, I don't want to post it until I have its mate. I think it would be too easy to leave it on the needles and start another one at that point.

So, I thought I'd post a picture of something that I finished during my 9 month hiatus from blogging. I started and completed almost 90% of this blanket during Christmas break at home, and couldn't make myself complete the last 20 rows of seed stitch for the longest time. It's a great finished project, but those last rows are just murder to me for some reason.

It's the Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch n' Bitch. Since I started this project in my hometown, I was stuck with the selection from Wal-Mart. I used Bernet Baby Coordinates in pink. It's a really nice color although the pictures don't look that way. However, I'm mailing my camera off for repair today, so I should be back to taking decent pictures soon! The cell phone camera just don't quite do the trick.

Final Specs:
Pattern: Big Bad Baby Blanket (already purchased)
Needles: Size 9 Clover circs
Time: 1.5 weeks of real knitting, 3 months of sitting around wondering why it wouldn't knit itself
Cost: Maybe $12-15? (I'm a little unsure at this point)

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is a pretty blanket! I have thought about knitting that before, but never gotten around to it.

Have a good weekend! I hope you get some yarn in the mail today! :)

Sarah said...

It looks like two different colors. Is that just a trick of the light?
I do love that pattern though.

DancingFish said...

Very nice! That pink doesn't seem too pink-y like a lot of baby yarn. I am actually using the Caron Simply Soft in Iris and Orchard (just like your hats in a different post!) for my lastest blanket. Thanks for the comment!