Friday, June 08, 2007

Major frustration on the homefront.

Crap. My "use up my stash" project is not going well. I decided to make the diagonal baby blanket with some Lion Brand Homespun that I bought for $2 a skein. I wanted a simple project that I could tote around, and you don't get anymore simple that miles of garter stitch. The color is fuschia, which I like, but the freaking shades don't match, even thought they supposedly have the same dye lots! I got to the halfway spot and switched skeins when I realized the problem. Argh.

It's just a little bit of difference, but I can really see it. I'm debating finishing it up anyway and just letting it have its little idiosyncrasies, but I can't decide. Hmm..

And to think I was really excited about making a baby blanket that wasn't pastel. That's what I get for trying to be nontraditional.

Update: I decided to keep trekking. Now it looks like I have a nice stripe running down the middle.


Sarah said...

I hate to say this, but when you give it to a baby, it's going to be various shades of body fluids anyway. It doesn't show in the picture, and that's not something I'd rip back. Consider it stripes, and call it a day.

Jen said...

I like to use issues like that as design features. Just act like the strip is supposed to be there. That's the way to go! The color is beautiful! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!