Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tulip Sweater - Check!

I realize that it seems that I've been a knitting machine lately, but in all honesty, most of the projects that I've been completing have been hanging out on the needles for awhile, just needing an hour or two of work to pass over into the "FO" pile.

For example, I got the replacement yarn for the Tulip Sweater weeks ago, and it sat on my table just mocking me for quite some time.

I finally got around to putting on the neckband and the icord tie. This sweater marked my first experience with icord. I have to say, I think it's kinda fun.. however, applied icord is just a pain in the butt. Literally, for every one stitch that you want to progress down the line, you have to knit at least 3. It takes forever!! But, it looks really nice & neat when it's all said and done.

It's all finished except for the 5 billion ends that need to be woven in - but, that's fun for another day. By the way, if you have not knit with Dream in Color yarn, you really need to! It's so soft & squishy and comes in the most amazing colors.

Final Specs:
Pattern:
Tulip Sweater by Lindsey Pekney from Dream in Color (included in kit)
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy (Kit from Threadbear) - $32
Needles: Size 5 & 7 circs and double points
Time: About a week of TV knitting
Total Cost: $32

15 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh, wow! That sweater is awesome! Add another project to the list of things I want to do.

KnittyNancy said...

That baby sweater is so adorable! How cute and what great colors!

Amy said...

Lucky baby, definitely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of colour! I love tulip.

Lisa said...

OMG, it is so freaking cute. What a very lucky baby he/she is to receive such a great gift.

bobbi said...

so very pretty indeed!!!
i'll give the yarn a try and let you know if I agree.

Sarah said...

Andy they dye it at my LYS!
Looks gorgeous.

Sarah said...

And*
Seriously. One of those days.

Kathy said...

Applied I-cord is a pain in the keester, but it looks really good when it's done. Beautiful sweater!

Stacie said...

Amanda--
I love it. It's shades of a rainbow but even better, and the stitches are interesting. I've tried attached I-cord and I just end up feeling like the "idiot" part. ;^/ Yours is professional grade. As my Aussie friends say, "Well done!"
~Stacie

Donna said...

Wow, what a fab knitter you are. The sweater is the sweetest and the bag you made out of sugar and cream is to die for. Such talent...keep it up. Hope your trip to LA is fun!

Opal said...

What a sweet sweater! I just love those colours.

hakucho said...

Very pretty sweater. Love the rainbow colors. You certainly are a fast knitter!

happy knitting :)

moosie said...

that is so adorable! I love the colors, I just saw another one of these being made on the last blog, and I think I may have to try this, good for scraps I assume, thanks for the comment on my blog! - marcie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post!! Love it.. Usually, I prefer to buy my winter dresses from Roamans store through couponalbum.com by using coupons...