Monday, April 10, 2006

Pink Ticker Tape scarf

I lucked upon some Moda Dea Ticker Tape yarn that I found on sale at Michael's for this. It was in the most gorgeous color of pink and white that screamed out "make something out of me" for a dear friend of mine.

As a new knitter, I was a little nervous about using a ribbon yarn, but I got the hang ot it quickly. On size 13 needles, I knit 6 rows, and then made drop stitches for the equivalent of 6 rows. It turned out to be really awesome, if I do say so myself.

Here's Becca modeling it at her big wig DC job. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Amanda,
This scarf impressed me, and I don't even really LIKE ticker tape. :^) Can you explain the drop stitch idea? Do you mean that you knitted six rows and did six drop stitch rows, and then repeated this pattern until the scarf was finished? My daughter has some ticker tape that she's set aside because she didn't like the hat she made, and i think I'll suggest she frog the hat and use the whole lot to make a scarf!

Have a great day, and congrats on a striking scarf,
~Stacie